DOE News Release
Date: July 9, 2008
Time: 5:45 p.m.
Transportation information for employees affected by wildland fire at Idaho National Laboratory
The wildland fire at the Idaho National Laboratory is affecting bus routes. Following is information about traveling to the INL desert site:
· According to INL Bus Operations, if U.S. Highway 20 remains closed, Idaho Falls buses will be routed through Blackfoot.
· If U.S. Highway 20 is open, Bus Operations will run normal shift change routes.
· At present, all shift change bus schedules are running normally.
· Employees evacuated from MFC who had to leave their personal vehicles behind may ride free on any bus tomorrow.
· Employees are reminded to check the Bus Operations toll-free phone number to check bus and operations schedules (1-877-424-4635). Media may also call this phone number for updates.
INL’s emergency Joint Information Center at the Engineering Research Office Building, 2525 Fremont Ave., Idaho Falls, has been activated to answer questions. Media should call (208) 526-9206, not your regular INL contacts. Employees and the public can call (208) 526-5042.
Media Information: (208) 526-9206
Public Information: (208) 526-5042
News releases about the fire are posted on INL’s Web site (upper right corner) at https://inlportal.inl.gov/portal/server.pt?open=512&objID=255&mode=2.