Nuclear Technology Enabling Global Energy Security
2010 Workshop Presentations
Registration from noon to 4 p.m., Sunday, July 11, 2010
Workshop concludes 2 p.m., Friday, July 16, 2010
Idaho National Laboratory, Idaho Falls, Idaho
In the present energy dilemma facing our nation, it has become critical that we address the sources of energy available worldwide, both short and long-term. This workshop is designed to provide teachers with the opportunity to increase their knowledge level on nuclear energy, meet and learn from the nuclear researchers, tour facilities, and interact with peers from across the country. As the United States’ lead laboratory for nuclear reactor research and development, the Idaho National Laboratory provides the ideal location for hosting this select nuclear topic workshop.
The application deadline is March 31, 2010. Only 30 registrations will be accepted for the July 2010 workshop.
The following costs will be prepaid and/or reimbursed to selected attendees:
- Lodging and most meals (based on current U.S. General Services Administration schedules and guidelines)
- Workshop fees and materials
- Travel – Based on GSA lowest cost of travel rates.
Conference sessions will include:
- Understanding the Advanced Fuel Cycle Initiative
- Nationally recognized speakers
- Radiation and nuclear energy basics
- Nuclear power fundamentals
- Beneficial uses of nuclear science and technology
- Current research and development relating to alternative energy resources
- Other alternative and renewable resources
- Hands-on labs
- Tour of INL reactor and other facilities
- Material and equipment for the classroom
Workshop coordinator: Teri Ehresman, Teri.Ehresman@inl.gov,208-526-7785
Travel coordinator: Tammie Smith, Tammie.Smith@inl.gov, 208 526-9768