Standards and Calibration Laboratory
The Standards and Calibration Laboratory provides state-of-the-art, cost effective, and convenient National Institute of Standards and Technology(NIST) traceable calibrations, repairs and metrology services to the INL, other government agencies, and the private sector. We are accredited through the National Voluntary Laboratory Accreditation Program (NVLAP) to perform calibration in parameters of electrical/electronic, physical/thermodynamic, and dimensional/mechanical.
Our customers and services include:
- INL programs, the Department of Energy, Bechtel Bettis Inc., the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Argonne National Laboratory and private sector laboratories
- Portable electronic instruments for short-term and long-term use
- Calibration, maintenance, and support for portable Measuring and Test Equipment
Download the Calibration Request Form. (935kB MS Word document)
The Calibration Program ensures that the INL complies with all applicable calibration standards, as well as Department of Energy, company, and contractual requirements.
The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) administers the National Voluntary Laboratory Accreditation Program (NVLAP), which operates as an unbiased third party to accredit calibration laboratories. Under NVLAP Code 200115-0, the INL Standards and Calibration Laboratory is accredited in the following areas:
- Quality – ISO 17025:2005 , NQA-1, DOE O 414, and ANSI/NCSL Z540-1
- Time and Frequency
- DC Voltage
Metrology is the science of measurement. Utilizing state of the art metrology methods and techniques, the INL Standards and Calibration Laboratory provides quality metrology helping to ensure data integrity and cost savings.
The following is a partial list of the metrology services available. Contact us about specific capability questions.
- AC/DC Voltage and Current
- Capacitance and Inductance
- Power and Phase
- High Voltage
- Liquid Flow
- Density/Specific Gravity
- Sound Level
- Gas Detection
- Fiber Optics
- Plug and Ring Gages
- Roundness and Surface Texture
- Air Flow
- Air Speed